Earning SIL 3 certificates for all C-Series and T-Series product lines means MOGAS valves are recognized to meet or exceed internationally accepted standard IEC 61508, thereby ensuring our products keep our customer's applications and processes as safe as possible.
The goal of IEC 61508 is functional safety, where automatic safety functions perform as intended or the system fails in a predictable (safe) manner. It applies to automated protection systems in all industries on a project level or product level.
To become IEC 61508 certified, detailed analyses by a third party are performed of:
• the engineering process to evaluate techniques and measures that are in place to eliminate systematic failures, specifically caused by product design issues
• the random failure probability, where the likelihood that a product will fail in a safe way or dangerous way is evaluated
IEC 61508 is a consensus standard and is internationally accepted by:
• buyers and authorities who see it as the reference to reduce their uncertainty on complex systems
• buyers who use it as a technical quality specification...covering around 350 unique requirements
• operators and system vendors who hope it will replace national requirements
MOGAS' proven process
The safety life cycles of IEC 61508 are closely aligned with MOGAS' proven process and vision plan, where our entire company is involved in the design, verification of results, and modifications for continuous improvements.